How to Keep Your Hot Tub Clean and Safe
Your Tucson hot tub experts at Tucson Pool and Spa recommend cleaning your hot tub on a regular basis is essential to ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently and its users remain safe. Depending on how often you use your hot tub, experts recommend that it should be drained and cleaned quarterly. Other factors such as the number of users, environment, type of chemicals used, and potential contaminants from the water source can also influence the frequency with which you need to clean your hot tub.
To maintain sanitary conditions in your hot tub, you should perform a full cleaning with an appropriate cleaning agent every month. This includes draining all the water and scrubbing down the interior of the spa. You’ll want to scrub any areas that are showing signs of wear or buildup, such as steps or seating areas. Additionally, you should drain and refill the water every 3-4 months if using chlorine or bromine chemical additives, or once a year if using a non-chlorine shock product. When changing out the water, make sure to clean all filters thoroughly before reinserting them!
It’s important to also pay attention to water chemistry levels when maintaining your hot tub. PH levels should be tested at least twice per week in order to keep bacteria growth at bay. Additionally, weekly dosing of chlorine or bromine will help maintain proper sanitation levels for bathing safety. Keeping all these maintenance tasks up-to-date will ensure that your hot tub provides many years of enjoyable relaxation!
Below is a list of steps you should take when deep cleaning your hot tub:
- Empty the hot tub and clean the surface with an appropriate cleaning product
- Sanitize the water, taking into account regional differences in recommended sanitizer levels, using lo-chlor or chlorine depending on personal preference
- Test and adjust pH levels as needed for optimal comfort while soaking in your hot tub
- Clean filters regularly by removing them from the hot tub system and rinsing thoroughly to remove any debris buildup or soap residues that may have accumulated over time
- Drain and refill your hot tub every 3 months to keep it in tip top shape
- Make sure all parts of the filter housing are well lubricated to ensure proper working order of filter pumps and other moving parts of your spa system
- Inspect all fittings for leaks & replace any worn out gaskets or valves Refill chemicals when necessary
Taking care of your hot tub is essential for a safe and enjoyable experience, and even the best brands like Sundance Hot Tubs are no exception! By following the steps outlined above, you can ensure that your spa stays clean and well-maintained all year round.
If you have questions about this process or need advice on chemicals, we encourage you to reach out to our expert staff at Tucson Pool and Spa.