DEL® UV-C 50
HIGH FLOW, HIGH CAPACITY UV-C TREATMENT
GERMICIDAL UV-C TECHNOLOGY HIGH FLOW RATES UP TO 100 GPM TREATS POOLS UP TO 50,000 GALLONS
- INTELLIGENT COVER DESIGN: Integrated cover interlock cuts power when the cover is removed. A heat shield protects the cover from ballast heat, secures lamp connections & protects from moisture.
- VENTILATED 360 GLOW RING: The integrated patented glow ring allows for safe, visual confirmation that the UV lamps are working. The built-in ventilation allows air in and keeps moisture out, protecting the ballast.
- BUILT-IN TOTAL DRAIN VALVE: Service and winterize the UV-C 50 without disconnecting from the system plumbing. The system internals are specially designed to ensure complete drainage.
DEL® UV-C 50
- Treats up to 50,000 Gallons
- Hard wired and Plug-in Styles Available
- Hard wired is 120/240 Universal Voltage
- Best option for difcult plumbing (below water level, high back pressure, etc)
- Option for plumbing ports (inlet/outlet) on the same side or opposite sides
- Note: Flow Switch Required for Below Water Installations
THE ADVANTAGES OF UV-C
With the use of UV-C microorganisms are destroyed, chloramines are broken down, chlorine dependence is signifcantly reduced, and water clarity is optimized to produce crystal clear results.
- Destroys harmful contaminants
- Inactivates Cryptosporidium, Giardia and other chlorine resistant microorganisms
- Dramatically reduces chemical demand and increases efectiveness of residual sanitizers
- Eliminates chemical odors, irritation and damage to pool systems
THE SCIENCE OF UV-C
The UV-C 50 lamp emits safe, high intensity light rays tuned to germicidal 254 nanometers. Using natural rays of light, UV-C breaks apart the DNA and RNA of microorganisms, harmful bacteria, viruses, cysts and protozoa. This inactivates the contaminants to leave water safe and sanitized. UV-C does not create ozone. The highly concentrated electromagnetic energy also destroys organic matter — like urine and sweat — to eliminate the formation of harmful chlorine by-products.